Active Pathways are currently recruiting for a Head Chef to join Brookhaven and The Hamptons in Bamber Bridge. This is a fantastic opportunity to work as an integral part of the team ensuring the individuals we support can live as independently as possible. This is a full time, permanent position offering £13.50 per hour.
Within this role you will design and cook nutritionally balanced meals for the residents within the service. You will need to incorporate any specific dietary requirements creatively and offer an exciting and dynamic menu to the service. We are looking for a Head Chef who has exceptional proven ability to manage a kitchen and has knowledge of current culinary trends and processes.
Active Pathways Ltd has been operating in Lancashire and Yorkshire, for over 20 years as a Mental Health, Learning Disability and Rehabilitation provider, offering support to adults aged 18-65. We are dedicated to delivering recovery-focused Mental Health Services within innovative, creative, and inspiring environments. We are here to make a difference, with a people first culture and a commitment to living our values every day.
Some of our services have achieved a CQC RATING of OUTSTANDING as well as being INVESTORS IN PEOPLE GOLD
Our ideal Activities Coordinator will:
- Maintaining adequate stocks, ensuring you have the relevant supplies needed
- Understanding and completing regular audits within the kitchen
- Managing, delegating and having the overall responsibility of kitchen and dedicated team
- Support, supervise and educate residents on the importance of food hygiene, cooking safety and having a well-balanced diet
- Ability to design and cook exciting and relevant menus
- Working within a fast paced, fresh food environment
- Exceptional communication skills to oversee the kitchen, suppliers, staff and residents
- NVQ Level 3 in Food Hygiene
Our colleagues are amazing and make a difference to people’s lives every day. We recognise their hard work and commitment by offering a competitive pay & benefits package alongside our fulfilling roles, which are full of variety and opportunity for career development. Our benefits include:
- Working for a supportive and friendly company
- Enrolment into the Company Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan Benefits Package
- Discounted Gym Membership (through our Health Cash Plan Benefits Package)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Blue Light Card Membership
- Refer a Friend scheme
- DBS is free of charge
- Free parking on site
If this sounds like the rewarding role you’ve been looking for then APPLY TODAY!
Active Pathways Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.