Salary: £8.91 per hour
Hours: 28.5 hours
Location: Clayton Brook, Preston, PR5 6AQ
Active Pathways Ltd has been operating in Lancashire and the North West of England for over fifteen years as a Mental Health and Learning Disability provide. We are focused on delivering recovery-focused mental health services within innovative, creative, and inspiring environments.
Kitchen Assistant Role
We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant who is passionate about meal preparation, who is confident in working alone and as part of a team.
Kitchen Assistant Responsibilities:
1. To assist in the preparation of vegetables when required.
2. To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules.
3. To empty waste bins.
4. To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
5. To ensure adequate food stocks, crockery and cutlery are available for service user’s breakfasts.
6. To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking.
7. To comply with statutory regulations concerning food hygiene, COSHH and Health and Safety at Work.
8. To lay the dining tables used by the service users with all the necessary equipment.
9. To clear tables in liaison with nursing and care staff, wipe tables and replace table cloths.
10. To support, supervise and educate our service users through our Therapeutic Earnings programme; specifically those who take up a kitchen assistant role.
11. To support the head chef in any development and improvement plans for the kitchen department to ensure we continue to meet good and outstanding standards we expect.
12. To support in any internal and/ or external inspections as required.
Kitchen Assistant Benefits:
- You will be working for a supportive and friendly company.
- Enrolment into the Company Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Refer a Friend scheme.
- DBS is free of charge.
- 28 days holiday
- Overtime shifts available
- On Site Parking
- Free Meals
- Health Cash Plan
Kitchen Assistant Experience and Qualifications:
- 1 year post experience
- NVQ in food preparation (or equivalent)
- To ensure the safety of our staff, we provide PPE equipment such as face masks, visors, hand sanitisers, etc.
- Staff members and service users undergo regular COVID testing and temperature checks
- All interviews take place via Microsoft teams.
- All Staff on site must be double vaccinated against Covid 19 unless medically exempt
Active Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.